Friday, June 02, 2006

Update

So, here's my status as of 4:25 on Friday afternoon:

-On Saturday, I received the paperwork for my licensure from the state and sent in my one-hundred-and-thirty-bucks (!) to get the paper back saying I'm legal to teach in my state. The check has cleared; the license hasn't yet arrived.

-neither, actually, has the diploma. We graduates were told, in the little folder they handed us at commencement, to expect the document declaring our completion of coursework and attainment of degree in the mail. As yet, nothing.

-I've also not heard anything from Local High School, even though they told me to expect a call by the end of the week (that would be, well, today). I'm okay with that, though - I don't mind waiting (no, really) and the last time I got a phone call from LHS it was well after 7:30 in the evening, so school-day time models don't seem to apply in this situation; the call could still come today. If it does, I'll let you know.

-I went to see Sam again today and received my portfolio back. One more step in the official closing of the "Graduate School" chapter of my life (at least, for THIS degree. The final nail in this proverbial coffin will be the arrival of above-mentioned diploma). He made some helpful comments on how I could make "a really good portfolio into a great one," though I'm hoping to not need it anytime soon (see above-mentioned phone call from LHS).

-The girls have two more weeks of school left to go. We're pulling them out on Friday the 16th so we can jet to Florida (I know, I know - who goes to Florida in JUNE?! The Chili Family, that's who! We SO need a vacation!). They'll miss the last day, which is really a half-day where I suspect no real learning will be lost. I, personally, can't wait to go swimming with my babies and have literally nothing that I HAVE to do aside from be vigilant about sunscreen.

That's all I've got for ya today. Thanks for askin'.

4 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

I happened to see Pumpkin at Kizz's place. Very cute. And, like my girls, I can see that she needs a LOT of sunscreen.

Have fun in FLA. We'll be there before they know it.

June 02, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

No, Contrary, they haven't called, nor have they emailed. I'm still waiting. It's okay, though; I've got a zillion things to do to keep me occupied while I wait (though I do have to admit to being slightly disappointed when the phone rings and it ISN'T LHS...)

June 03, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Everyone's leaving on holiday but me!

*pout*

Did they ever ring? I suppose you'd have updated the post. I'm biting my fingernails over here!

*sigh*

Have loads of fun in FL! (Hopefully with good news as well!)

-Blue

June 04, 2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

No, Blue, no word as yet. Here's hoping the phone rings on Monday. I promise, as soon as I hear ANYTHING, yea or nay, I PROMISE I'll post as soon as I'm within computer range.

(Blue, are you originially from the UK?)

June 04, 2006 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home