Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I've Been Tagged...

Blue tagged me.

Anyway, here we go:


I AM BLESSED: with a loving husband, two beautiful, healthy children, some AMAZING friends (you KNOW who you are), everything I need in life and pretty much everything I want, too.

I WANT: my house - finished, put together, and moved into BEFORE Christmas, dammit!

I WISH: I had more time (or better organizational skills to free up more time).

I HATE: idiots who drive like, well, idiots; ignorant and/or bigoted people.

I MISS: my kitchen. Oh, and John Candy and Gregory Hines. And sleeping in. And going to the movies without it being a major demonstration of my logistical prowess.

I FEAR: flying - not enough to keep me off the plane, but enough to make it unpleasant. And earwigs - those things are just creepy.

I HEAR: my husband and children upstairs playing Marble Blast - their new favorite game.

I WONDER: if I'll get the job.

I REGRET: nothing. It is all (and was all) as it should be.

I AM NOT: a nature girl. Camping and general roughing it are NOT my thing.

I DANCE: in the living room with my husband, usually to either his singing or the Talking Heads. Sometimes I'll bop a little in the car, too, but not enough to distract me into being an idiot (see above).

I SING: in the car - never in the shower - and usually to the likes of the Indigo Girls, Jonatha Brooke, and Sarah McLachlan.

I CRY: about nothing when I'm pre-menopausal. Seriously - commercials, song lyrics, greeting cards - it's pathetic.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: patient. As a matter of fact, sometimes patience is a great effort for me.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: some of the most amazing food you've ever experienced.

I WRITE: blogs, letters, essays, journal entries, love notes in lunch boxes and the occasional poem.

I CONFUSE: stress with hunger. Let me tell you about how many M&Ms and Jelly Bellies went into the completion of my degree...

I NEED: my friends and family. Reading material. Chocolate.

I SHOULD: work on being more self-sufficient, particularly where practical matters are concerned (changing tires, that sort of thing). I should also work out more, but I'm working on that.

I START: to head "down" for the night at a ridiculously early hour - I'm usually useless by ten thirty at the latest; long, complex conversations with people whose opinions matter to me; Hunt for Red October and Matrix quote wars with my brother-in-law.

I FINISH: an entire family's worth of laundry in one Saturday; GRAD SCHOOL!;


Thanks Blue!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Be careful what you shoot at, Ryan. There are things here that don't react well to bullets!"

May 30, 2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Oooo, oooo! Does that mean I can have quote wars with YOU, too?!

"Pa-va-ROTTI!!! Comin' out their asses!!"

May 31, 2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger Wayfarer said...

Tsk! Dammit! Now I'm gonna have to go watch that movie again...

Did you tag anyone else?

May 31, 2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

No, I haven't tagged anyone, but feel free to post it on your site.

May 31, 2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The average Russkie don't take a dump without a plan, son."

May 31, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

"YOU! You speak English? Gitcher butt over here!"

May 31, 2006 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You wanna talk about puke?... I'm talkin' that thick, industrail waste-grade puke!""

June 01, 2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

"I said 'speak your mind,' Jack, but JEEZ-us!"

June 01, 2006 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If I can get you close enough, can you nail this sucker?"
"Yes sir. Now that I know what to listen for, I'll bag him."

I LOVE Jonesie's tone of supreme self-confidence when he says that line: "I'll bag him!"

June 01, 2006 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home