Monday, June 12, 2006

Should I, or Shouldn't I?


I STILL haven't heard anything from LHS.

Here's my question - should I call them to find out what's going on, or should I just continue to wait quietly? I've gotten two varying opinions on this - CT says "CALL THEM" and Bowyer says "just wait it out." Honestly, I could go either way.

What do YOU think I should do?

(author's note: I did. I ended up getting dumped to voice mail where I left a little message. Here's hoping someone calls me tomorrow...)

5 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer said...

Call 'em. It's time.

June 13, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Kizz said...

Really? I'm of the wait and see camp.

June 13, 2006 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I know you've already called them, but I still have to put my two cents in. Because that's the way I roll, yo.

I would call them, simply because it is more than a week past the time they TOLD you they would call you. Rude so and so's. What's wrong with a quick call to let you hey haven't made a decision yet? How hard would that be?

Answer: It wouldn't be hard at all.

The buttheads.

June 13, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

Calling them was the right thing to do, I think.

June 13, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Everyone but Bowyer and Kizz has told me to call. I'm not sure that it matters one way or the other - I called yesterday and left a message, then I called today and left a message - this time on the principal's voice mail - and haven't heard a thing back yet.

Just as a footnote, though? When I called this afternoon, I spoke to the receptionist. "Hello," I said, "I'm Mrs. Chili and I am a candidate for the English teacher position. I'm calling because I haven't heard anything about the job yet."

"Oh," she said, "I haven't heard anything about that, either!"

So, maybe it's not that they're practicing avoidance - maybe they really haven't made a decision...

As always, I'll keep y'all posted.

June 13, 2006 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home