Thursday, June 15, 2006

Playing Cat and Mouse

So, there was some action on the job front today, but it never amounted to anything...

I came home from assisting in a sign language class this morning to find my answering machine blinking. One of the messages was from (gasp!) the principal of LHS!! I immediately called him back and got his secretary, who put me through to....

...HIS VOICE MAIL!!! (grrrr!)

I left a peppy message: "HI! It's Mrs. Chili returning your call - TAG! You're IT!! I'll be in and out all day, so you can either try me at home or on my cell..." and left both numbers.

When I came back this afternoon, there were no new messages from Mr. Principal. I called again, just because, well, I can't stand it anymore, and got the secretary again. She told me to wait a second and put me on hold. Then she came back, asked my name again, and put me on hold. When she came back this time, she told me that he was with a parent and could he call me back.

I was with WeedWoman at the time and, while all this was happening, she was standing there, waving her arms in front of her and whispering "If it's Mrs. Chili, tell her I'm NOT HERE!!!" I'm not sure she was too far off.

So, that's all the news that's fit to print. When we finally DO talk in person, you'll be the next to know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that I'm any expert in this arena, S, but I'd have to say at this point that you're getting a major runaround here. Tell this school where to stick it and move on.

June 15, 2006 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home