Monday, June 26, 2006

I Can Hope, Can't I?

My cell phone rang while I was on vacation. It was CT, telling me that her office mate, who left in May to have her baby, just announced that she's taking a leave of absence this coming school year. I guess caring for the baby and a toddler is a lot more than she'd thought it'd be, and she wants to take the time to be with her girls. I don't blame her in the least.

Anyway, CT wanted me to get my name in the consideration for the job. When I got off the phone with her, I called the principal - the big guy, the one who came to - and stayed for - my dissertation presentation - and asked him about the position. He was a little hedgy about it (like that? I just made that word up!) but said that he'd talk to the assistant principal about it the next day.

I was hoping to come home to a message or an email or something, but no. I sent the AP an email this morning, and cc'd to CT and the big guy.

I'm pretty sure that there's a snowball's chance I'll get the job and the AP's whole speech about how sorry he was that he wasn't able to offer me a job the first time was just so much political horse shit.

The Calvin below is what I think of the shot I have. Still, stranger things have happened.


4 Comments:

Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Oh! Good luck anyway!

*crosses fingers*

-Blue

June 28, 2006 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*crossing my toes, as well as my fingers, oh hell, I'll just cross all appendages and sit here like this until you update again*

June 28, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 28, 2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Contrary, I'd recommend your finding a more comfortable position - I am so NOT holding my breath about this job - as a matter of fact, I'd be shocked and amazed if I were offered it.

Of course, I'll let you know what happens!

June 28, 2006 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home