Monday, May 15, 2006

A First Time for Everything

We had a rain day today. Not a snow day, mind you, but a rain day. As a matter of fact, two hundred and ninety three closings have been reported to our local news station's cancellation website. The girls' last day is now officially pushed to the 20th of June. Still, there are a lot of kids celebrating an unexpected three day weekend this morning.

The closing doesn't affect me at all, given that my last day in school was last week. The school where I worked is closed, though, which doesn't surprise me at all. The building I was in is settled on low ground with a ball field behind it - I can almost guarantee that the hall that leads out to the field is completely flooded - the cafeteria, which is essentially the basement of this low building, is probably also flooded. There goes more of the budget.

I'm watching the regional news station this morning - it covers the entirety of New England, and there's an ENORMOUS green band covering our area. They're predicting another three-plus inches of rain for us before this is all over.

I've never seen anything like this, but I've gotta tell ya, I'm SO glad it's not snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home