Friday, May 12, 2006

When it Rains...


I got TWO phone calls today.

The first one came at about ten to eight this morning. My husband answered the phone with a note of incredulity - no one calls us before about nine. The fact that the caller was male - and a male my husband didn't recognize - made it even MORE interesting. It turns out that this guy - Michael - was calling to set up an interview with me for a teaching position in his high school, a couple of towns away from mine, for next week. I meet him on Tuesday.

I came home from a glorious day of mundane errands (who would think that I would enjoy getting back to mundane errands?) to find a message on my machine from the English department head in the high school in my home town. I'm meeting her on Wednesday.

If I were given the choice (and I'm well aware that I may not be), I would much prefer to work in my home town high school. It's literally a ten minute walk (yes, WALK) away. If I had to be at work at 7:20, I could get in my car at 7:16 and still have two minutes to spare. I really DIG that. Also, Michael's school district has a really low starting salary, one of the lowest in the state, and more turnover than McDonald's. Finally, I know one of the teachers in my hometown school - she's a dear friend of my sister - so I wouldn't be going in there without knowing a soul.

I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

WOO HOO!

Sorry so short, I have to run to go pat myself on the back for not say, "I told you so." :)

May 13, 2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home