Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Taxiing to the Gate


I am, for all intents and purposes, done with the work for my Master's degree.

I have one or two things I want to do with my portfolio before I hand it in on Thursday morning, but there is nothing weighing on my mind, nothing urgent or stress-inducing that is keeping me up at night.

It's still too close for me to have any kind of reflective distance, but I can say that, overall, the experience was a bit more stressful than I was expecting. I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, mind you; a lot of good lessons were learned, but I am very glad that it's over and that I managed to come out the other end intact. I feel a sort of exhausted relief about the whole thing - not quite ready to celebrate its completion, though I suspect that celebration will be shortly forthcoming. Right now, though, I'm more in the mode of resting up after a long stretch of work.

I suspect I'll feel differently after Thursday, when I've handed in everything and have literally nothing left to do but order my cap for commencement (I'll be wearing Husband's gown from his Master's graduation).

Until then, please remain seated until the captain has parked at the gate and turned off the seatbelt sign. And thank you so much for flying with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home