Friday, September 08, 2006

Nothing New to Tell...

I'm writing, but I have nothing of interest to say.

I have no job and no prospect of a job. At this point, I'm not sure that it's worth actively looking for a job, really; the school year is pretty much underway, and I'm guessing that all the positions that needed filling are filled already. I'm not whining, exactly; I'm finding that I have plenty to keep me busy, and my lack of outside commitments means that I can volunteer in my daughters' classrooms and chaperone field trips, so it's all working out.

Even so, I'm going to re-send my resume to all the school districts in which I'm willing to work, just so they have my information should something come up during mid-terms. I wouldn't mind starting fresh in January.

I'm also looking into taking some workshops this fall and, perhaps, a class in January. Whether I'm actively teaching or not, I still have to complete hours to keep my certification current, and I figure it's easier, in terms of scheduling, brain-power and finances, to spread the hours out over the three years that the license is valid, rather than trying to cram all the time into the last few months before the state comes looking for its renewal fees. There are a couple of workshops at a not-so-local college that focus on the Holocaust and social justice that I wouldn't mind attending, so I'm going to register for those.

I've started reading the Outlander series again. I got through the third book in the set, loving every single page, and realized that there were a lot of details that I was failing to carry from one book to the next (I had thought that reading a different book between the series installments would help to prolong the enjoyment of the story, but it really just proved a distraction). In case you were wondering, it's just as good the second time around.

If you're still reading, thanks. I'm sorry that I've nothing more interesting or challenging to offer lately. I think I might try to do poetry week starting this coming Monday, or maybe a series on short stories. I'm also open to suggestions, so feel free to comment.

Have a great weekend!

-Mrs. Chili

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home