Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Not That I'm Not TRYING....

I suppose I can't get rejection letters if I'm not actually applying for these jobs, huh? It seems I'm starting a collection of these:


Dear Mrs. Chili:

Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of No Hope. The hiring department has carefully reviewed a number of applications for the Instructor (Part-Time) position, job order number 01472, in the Thompson School of Applied Science department. They have determined that other candidates are a better match based on job requirements and department needs. We wish you the best in your employment search.

Sincerely,

Human Resources Dept.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

You can't win if you don't play, I suppose. I should make you a deal to match writing submissions for job submissions or something so we're getting matching regrets. Misery does love company after all.

August 28, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Ugh. I suppose you could amuse yourself by writing replies like: "Thank you sirs, for your consideration. Allow me to say that I sincerely hope you all get an unbearable itch in your nether regions while attending an important meeting with your superiors. Bite me, Mrs Chili."

You'd have to remember not to ... erm, post these.

-Blue

August 29, 2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Oh, that's GORGEOUS!

That sentiment, Blue, is pretty much how I've been feeling lately. I mean, COME ON!! I've got a sparkly new diploma (with a 3.89 GPA behind it, no less), a crisp new teaching license, and I'm raring to go. What do I have to do to get a job, already?!?

August 29, 2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger Kizz said...

You need to age the diploma, limpen the license and act like you don't care. Nobody wants an eager beaver. :)

August 30, 2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Bodog said...

Print off a picture of me knee and tell them that that's what happened to the last person who turned you down.

August 30, 2006 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home