Monday, April 17, 2006

Hey, You!! Back on the Horse!


So, I'm off to spread a few more resumes around today. I'm going to deliver a packet to the high school in my hometown and I have another almost ready to send off to a nearby community.

Today wasn't so bad; I think I'm finding balance in all of this. The fact that PTrinity's husband had that story to tell me on the very day that I was passed over for the job is just a little too coincidental for me to not believe that the Universe is telling me something. Add to that the fact that two of the panelists approached me today to tell me that it really just sucks, that there's nothing that I could or should have done differently, that it was just the way the proverbial cookie crumbled and I'm starting to believe that I didn't screw things up for myself, that it really IS just the way it is. It's still a little on the tough side for me to accept; I like to think that, if you do everything right, you get what you're aiming for though yes, I know, that's not how the world works. Well, dammit, maybe it should.

So, I'm off to spread the word about my availability. It'd be nice to get some calls back. As much as I loved my "old job," I'm really hoping that my first year as a licensed teacher isn't spent as a stay-at-home mom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

To paraphrase...
"You can't always get what you want... But if you try sometime you just might find, you get what you need."

Again with the Universe. It's often hard to accept what it is trying to tell us, but please don't make it shout any louder. I'm starting to hear it two hours away.

I think you really just missed out on an opportunity to be miserable.

April 18, 2006 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't say it better than Suzanne already has, and with a song quote too!

I'm actually happy for you for this 'missed opportunity'. Sounds like you got spared.

April 18, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Well, the words I live by are: "Everything evens out in the end" and I agree that this probably worked out for the best (even if it doesn't feel like it now).

Oh, and I must say that it sucks ass that no one even bothered to come observe you in the classroom.

-Blue

April 18, 2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home