Saturday, April 08, 2006

Reflections on an Interview


I promised to write more about the interview, so here it is.

I've been thinking about it ever since Thursday evening, and I'm pleased to tell you that I haven't had to beat myself up in any kind of serious way. I've come up with a couple of things I wish I'd said, but nothing that I wish I hadn't said. I think that's a very, very good sign (particularly given my tendency to release the clutch on my brain before it's fully engaged).

Friday morning, I wrote thank you notes to everyone who was in on the interview and delivered them to the office mailboxes. I met up with one of the panelists at the photocopier on Friday morning, and she told me that she thought my interview "went very well." Really, all the indications are that I didn't do or say anything that caused the panelists to chuck my resume as soon as I walked out the door. I remain optimistic.

Did I mention that I was also in the midst of a my second solo week while all of this was going on? Well, I was. I'm actually glad that I was so preoccupied with the work ahead of the interview; I'm pretty sure I would have worried myself to a pile of ash otherwise. Kizz asked me the other day what grade I'd give my second solo week. I'm thinking it's probably a solid B+, maybe even an A-. There were a couple of rough spots (I actually threw two kids out of my classes at varying points in the week, and one of them ended up in a conference - into which I was called - in the assistant principal's office. Of course, this was a little more than two hours before my interview with same said assistant principal. I wonder what kind of impression that made...), but overall, I'm pleased. CT is not-so-secretly hoping I'll take over a couple classes for the remainder of my internship (which, OH MY GOD, is only two more weeks! Watch for a post on THAT!) and I'm more than happy to take them. I love the work, I love the kids, I'm having a great time.

And I hope I get the job....


(oh, and the graphic? I couldn't find anything "interview-ish", so I went with a spring motif)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home