Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Night of No Homework

I've been forbidden to do homework tonight, and I've gotta tell ya, I'm having a hard time with it.

CT sent me home today, slightly early, with the admonition that I was to do nothing work-related tonight. She told me that I've been doing too much and she's made it her new priority to teach me how to balance work and life.

I obviously need more practice.

I have a couple of things I really want to work on, but I'm going to be a good student, listen to my teacher and not work on school stuff. While I was waiting to pick up the girls from school, I did make a list of things I want to work on when the moratorium is lifted, but I don't think that counts. My "assignment" was made easier by the fact that today was a "visit gramma and grampa" day, so most of my prime work time was taken up with loving old people.

Still, this is harder than I thought it was going to be. It seems that I really DO need to learn how to balance life and work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

You made a list of things to work on, you wrote a blog entry about not being allowed to work AND I feel certain you spent a good chunk of time obsessing about not being able to work. Those things broke the moratorium. I don't say that as a rebuke, just saying it to keep you honest while you learn the balancing.

February 15, 2006 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you "kizz". When your mind is focused on school,it is NOT on the balance side. I think you missed the spirit of the task. "To do NOTHING work-related" is a pretty clear directive.I'm fairly sure that you already know this.

February 15, 2006 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home