Monday, January 23, 2006

Friday, 8 A.M.

That's when I have my meeting/interview with the principal of the school where I'm hoping to finish my internship.

I'm not quite fraught with anxiety, but I'm not all smooth hot cocoa about it, either. I mean, there's the whole "why do you need another internship" question that will need to be answered, and I'm already behind schedule as it is - the university started classes last week and I'm missing valuable classroom time. I understand that there's nothing to be done about that - everything has to happen in its own time and it will all work out in the end - but that doesn't stop me from looking nervously at the calendar.

I know I'm looking at at least a couple of extra weeks tacked on to the end of the university school year to make up for this - time that everyone else will be using to finish their research projects. I'm working on getting the research project started while I'm sitting here waiting, but there's really not a whole lot I can do at this point because I'm not in a classroom working with students. I'll finish the research proposal this week and get a decent bibliography started, but that's about all I can do outside of the classroom.

Still, it's progress. Forward motion. Checking items off to-do lists. I'll take it and run with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Go practice the script I gave you.

January 25, 2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home