Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Short Week


The girls have a two day school week coming up. I don't really remember ever having the day before Thanksgiving off before, but it makes perfect sense. SO many people travel for Thanksgiving that I guess the district just figured they'd give the day off rather than having a good percentage of the student body skip it anyway.

I'm SO looking forward to it. Five days of sleeping in! I don't have to drag the girls through morning routines so they can get to the bus on time - I get to be the mom who puts an extra blanket over the girls and says "snuggle back in and go back to sleep." Oh, bliss!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could convince my daughter to sleep in. She's early to bed (8:00) and early to rise (6:30), every single day of the week.

November 20, 2006 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my kids have only two days this week, too. Personally, while i can understand the need for the extra day for travel purposes, i think it's stupid to only have them here for two days. Just give them the whole week off, then.

I know we're required to have them for so many hours or days per year, but two days a week is ridiculous. have them make up the hours / days somewhere else

November 20, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I wish I had had the day before off-- but we have staff development tomorrow.

November 22, 2006 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home