Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Since We're Already Halfway Through the Week...

...let's just call this a "grammar theme" week and run with it, shall we?

Because it's Wednesday, and everyone likes a chuckle on hump-day, I thought I might regale you with my favorite grammar joke. Ready?




A new freshman is wandering around the campus of Harvard, and he's good and lost. He makes a decent stab at finding where he wants to be, but eventually breaks down and stops a student to ask directions.

"Excuse me? Can you tell me where the library's at?" the freshman asks.

The upperclassman looks haughtily at the freshman and snobbily replies "Here at Hah-vard, we do not end our sentences in prepositions."

The freshman squares his shoulders and says "Alright, then; where's the library at, ASSHOLE!"

Happy Wednesday!

-Mrs. Chili

3 Comments:

Blogger The Grammar Snob said...

LOVE IT!

November 15, 2006 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my...that's silly!

November 15, 2006 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I just discovered you through the NaBloPoMo thing and am thrilled.

You see, in my circle I am referred to as the "Spelling Nazi" but it's never really been limited to spelling.

Do a post on answering the phone!

"Hello, may I speak with Mr. X?"
"Yes, this is him"

Aaaaaggghhh! It kills me.

November 16, 2006 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home