Friday, March 17, 2006

Ready or Not!

Here we go!

I'm going to submit my application packet today for a job in the English department.

I have all the required components; the cover letter (reviewed by CT, so I know it's not only acceptable, but grammatically correct!), my resume (thank you, Wayfarer, for such a lovely job!), my transcripts and several letters of recommendation. The only thing I don't have is the letter from the University saying that I'll be qualified for licensure by the time I'd be taking a job in September, though. Sam, my university supervisor, told me yesterday - with not a little bit of rueful sarcasm, I have to add - that there's a better than even chance that I'll get my licensure documents before the University gets around to sending out that letter. I'll explain during whatever interviews I'm asked to attend that I'm expecting to be fully licensed before the fall, though I'm expecting that most people would assume that in the first place.

I had a dream last night that I had missed some sort of deadline and was, therefore, disqualified from consideration. I hadn't realized that I was so invested in this little adventure that I'd dream about it, and be so bothered that I'd blown it.

Stay tuned. When there's news, I'll post about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

Fingers crossed. Not that you need it. Now, you promised more on poetry...? Take your time. I'll be checking back.

March 18, 2006 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home